Friday, March 03, 2006

Weekend in Thailand

We are in Thailand!

Spent the last 2 days in South China (Shenzhen). Let's just say that if I would have gone to Shenzhen first, I wouldn't have liked Asia too much.

With a week in Hong Kong/South China, I am fully effective with chop sticks now. It's actually amazing how you adapt and when left with no other choice master such a task!

On Thursday we went out to a factory that manufacturers Schwinn bicycles. They make 3,000-4,000 bicycles a day. It was really impressive!

Thailand is BEAUTIFUL!!! We are staying right on the river in Bangkok and have a full weekend of sightseeing planned. I have some good pictures and will try and update over the weekend.

Miss Everyone!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Just a thought on the chopsticks. Maybe that's the reason that in general, as a population, Asians are much thinner than Americans--b/c you can't shove quite as much food in your mouth with chopsticks as a fork. I'm going to start work on the next American diet fad, "From Fork to Chopsticks: How to Lose Wait Quickly and Make Yourself Feel Extremely Uncoordinated at the Same Time".

Courtney said...

And yes, I know I used the wrong spelling for 'weight'. Tip: proofread before you post.

Oliver said...

Maybe I ought to start using chopsticks when we go out to eat ... I just can't envision myself sitting at Poe's, eating a hamburger with chopsticks :)

Amie said...

Oh Oliver...you can eat Poe's with chopsticks! I'll show you when I am back.

And Courtney...I think your name for the new fad diet is awesome. Let's plan on talking about that more.